Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Survival Tip

Here's a summer, or anytime, survival tip, especially when you've committed yourself to something, let's say a rather large writing project: Don't start any weekend plans too early or with a bottle of watermelon vodka.

Guilty!

If you like your vodka like you like your Jolly Ranchers, I'd highly recommend trying Smirnoff Sours Watermelon. Just maybe not the whole bottle in one sitting, on a Thursday. That's how I got myself in trouble.

You see, I started my Independence Day early, thinking I could catch up on Friday, but then I accidentally (yes, accidentally) drank too much and instead spent Friday recovering. Then I had plans on Saturday, which included more drinking, thus Sunday was more recovery. And now I'm about 5k behind.

*SIGH*

Still this is a less busy time than November and NaNoWriMo  proper. I'm just going to have push through, type any crap that comes into my head, and just keep writing. So don't give up on me just yet, expect more words here tomorrow (and all the rest of the days).