Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Getting Back to work after a short break.

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything anywhere but me personal life has been a huge bag of dicks lately and it's encroaching on my artistic production life. Generally, I'm not a very good boss for myself. If I don't show up for work, instead of firing myself, I encourage myself to take a few more days off and try again next week. So I've taken a bit of a break from the digital world, trying to refresh, reinvigorate, and restore my self.

Since I last posted, our house still isn't put back together. We've been living in a pair of hotel suites for almost three months. I wish I could explain why this is so bothersome. You'd think it would be nice with housekeeping everyday and free breakfast. But there are a lot of things I miss that I wouldn't have thought about before, like having to walk my dog 4-6 times a for potty times and entertainment because she doesn't have a yard to chase birds through right now. Having to do laundry in public machines and hoping that the machines are actually open because you're out of pants. Packing your laundry just right your dirty underwear doesn't fall out in front of a strange family on the elevator. Wanting to bake some pumpkin bread because it's fall and lovely and the best month of the year but having no oven and not knowing when you'll have one again. Hoping that this is the week you'll get to go back home until you find out it's not and it'll be another month.

While things are out of joint at the moment, they will be right again soon enough. In the mean time, I'm getting back to work.