Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Big Blogging Update: Thinking Edition

I've missed a few #firstdraftFridays, I think, and I haven't made a regular blog post in however long it's been, so I thought I'd stop by my own website make a few notes about what I've doing or thinking about doing.

It may or may not be surprising to learn that I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'm always thinking, especially about what platforms to be active on and how to adhere to habits of all kinds. I definitely will keep up my blog such as it is but I also want to set up a stand alone website. I don't know how much longer I will keep my Facebook page or if I'll ever update my Tweets outside of NaNoWriMo. Thinking about what I want to do with my YouTube channel and whether I should start a Patreon. So I've been thinking a lot but not finding any answers I guess.

I've also been traveling. It has dawned on me, as of late, that I am a constant traveler. But like accidentally. Not that I accidentally travel but that I've never intended to be much of a traveler. For as long as I can remember, I've gotten violently motion sick on every single form of transportation known to man. Not to mention the anxiety caused by going to new places. And yet, this year, I've spent nearly four months sleeping under rented roofs and in strange beds. The only type of transport I haven't been on is a boat. In the last week, I've slept in 4 different states. I visited friends in Maryland over the weekend and last week I was visiting my sister in Alabama while we attended the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Georgia. I've had so much fun, met so many new people, and tried loads of different foods, beds, and coffees. I might be adding a lifestyle or travel element to the blog to keep up with all my adventures. Probably just as soon as I figure out how to take better photos from the height of fun.

So many thoughts, so little time


In other news, I've got a regular job with an actual paycheck. I get paid to write internet articles. It's pretty freaking cool actually. But it's, naturally, taking up time. Time where I use to think a lot. Then after the thinking, I would write or art. But now I struggle constantly with my time and trying to find the time for filming, then editing, or writing, then editing, taking pictures, and editing, and posting. But you know, also earn that paycheck, and think and eat and sleep and supposedly work out. Basically, I'm trying to manage life and it's been a long time since I've had to answer to someone else, where any amount of my time wasn't my own. At the same time, I'm psyched to have a job where the hours and location is flexible and pants are optional. I'm figuring it out or I will eventually.

Also, I've reached that part of the year when I want to WRITE ALL THE THINGS. I'm very inspired to not only write current projects like Zombie Zorority, SpiderWeb Door, Romance, Consumption Divine, PB & J, and Sun in October but also NaNoWriMo pieces like The Horrorphiles and Write What You Know, which I wasn't sure I would go back to work on. Not to mention that I'm also thinking ahead to this year's NaNoWriMo and considering what new project I might work on then too.

I'm also thinking about Christmas.

Oh and I'm thinking about my next journal. I was going to make a mermaid journal, mostly because I want to make it, not to use it. I really don't know what I actually want to use next. But I'm getting down to the end of my floral junk journal and I don't know what I want to use for August and September. I guess logic might dictate doing autumn stuff but I don't know if I have enough autumn based supplies to make full-size journal. Maybe I will combine with donuts and coffee because I'm mad excited about PSL season and I keep buying donut stuff, so I need to use it sooner or later.


Anyway, I will get back to posting #firstdraftFridays, and YouTube videos, and Instagram photos, and maybe even more blog posts too. We shall see.